Embryo Transfer Veterinarian | Geno SA - Breeding for better lives | LinkedIn
About the job
Geno SA (www.geno.no) is the breeding organization of Norwegian Red, the main dairy breed in Norway. Geno's breeding program is based on science and continuous research and development in the areas of breeding and genetics, fertility and artificial insemination. Geno is owned by over 8,000 dairy farmers nationwide and has over 200 employees. Geno exports semen to more than 30 countries and has an annual turnover of 420 million NOK. Our AI-station is located in Stange, Norway.
Geno is currently seeking an experienced Veterinarian in embryo production to fill a permanent position in the Production Department.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Coordination and execution of embryo production from Norwegian Red heifers in our breeding station at Store Ree with both MOET and OPU-IVP techniques
- Laboratory procedures for MOET embryos (skills in laboratory procedures of IVP are not required, though considered as an advantage)
- Quality control of embryos
- Control of heifer management in collaboration with barn staff
- DVM, authorized veterinarian in an EU country
- Good skills in superovulation and embryo flushing
- Good skills in OPU
- Good skills in bovine reproduction
- Good skills on laboratory procedures of MOET embryos
- Good collaboration skills
- Self-oriented, problem solving and teamwork attitude
- Fluent in English
- An international working environment with challenging assignments
- Competitive salary levels
- Attractive insurance and pension system
For more information please contact:
Vilde Granne Kvale firstname.lastname@example.org , +47 976 05 520
Marja Mikkola email@example.com
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within March 1st, 2021
Coordinates Store Ree:
Lat 60º 41' 17.694''
Lon 11º 9' 56.205''
Write a comment